Saturday, June 2, 2012

TSTR116 AND IBSIC11

Hi cuties! This is such a beautiful Saturday morning! We had a cool front come through and the weather is just perfect here in North Carolina.

It has been a long time since I visited The Shabby Tea Room, so I thought I would give it a whirl and get back to my card “roots”.  Joanna Munster over at Inspired By Stamping has a new challenge blog so I decided to combine the two for this card. PLUS, my friend Judy Rozema is hosting Try a New Technique at Splitcoaststampers where we are challenged to use distressed edges.  So from my perspective it is like the perfect storm in my card world! Shabby, vintage heaven!

I am still working on keeping my cards as flat as possible for Operation Write Home, so that was my biggest challenge on this card. I combined Spellbinders to make the vintagey (yep, vintagey. it should be in the dictionary!) sentiment medallion; stamped the sentiment in white and added white embossing powder before it dried.  I added pink Liquid Pearls around the oval and pink rhinestones along the inside edge.

Here is a close up of the little roses I quilled to make sure they were as flat as possible and I punched out leaves. The thickest item on this card is the bow.  I’m not sure if you can really see the stick pin, but I used beads and crystals to make a small embellie.

The edges are distressed using a tool and Distress Ink. The flat crochet lace is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. I sewed the ruffled lace, from AC Moore, to the flat lace and attached over two strips of paper that were punched using a Martha Stewart double border punch.

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR THESE CHALLENGES:

The Shabby Tea Room TSTR116: Color Me Pretty create a card or project inspired by the photo USING WHITE/CREAM, PINK and BLUE plus FLOWERS and A FABRIC ELEMENT!

Inspired by Stamping IBSIC11: Crochet Trim please make a card/project using the provided inspiration photo and some crochet trim or lace!

 TLC379 ~ Distressed Edges ~ The challenge is to DISTRESS YOUR EDGES….. Bonus points (just an extra pat on your back) if you also use Distress Ink to distress your edges.

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5 x 4.25″

  • STAMPS: Inspired by Stamping All Year Wishes II
  • PAPER: Recollections, Prima Madeline
  • TOOLS: Big Shot, Spellbinders Beaded Ovals, Classic Ovals, Fancy Tags Two; Sewing machine, quilling tool, leaf punches, small heart punch
  • INK: Chalk box, Tim Holtz Distress Ink
  • ACCESSORIES: Really Reasonable Ribbon crochet lace, AC Moore lace, Liquid Pearls, Recollections rhinestones 

    dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t[1]

  • 8 comments:

    Rebekah said...

    What darling roses! Oh my! Such beauty
    Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR!

    ~Tammy~ said...

    Absolutely stunning! Loved your quilled flowers and the crochet trim is perfection! OWH is near and dear to my heart as an Army Wife and I was also a recipient of a card during one of my husband's deployments.

    Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful work with us this week at IBSIC! Hope you will join us again! :-))))

    Deb Hickman said...

    Gorgeous card, the lace trim is gorgeous and love your handmade roses. Thanks for joining us at IBSIC. Deb xxx

    Sherrie K. said...

    Holy smokes....this is GORGEOUS!!! I love the beautiful flowers and the all the lace trimmings and flourishes! You did a fabulous job on the layout as well-FANTASTIC card!
    Sherrie K
    http://aherriescraps.blogspot.com

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    OOoo, Ellen, you've combined some really awesome challenges here!! Your 'vintagey' card is so pretty. My fave touch are your handmade flowers.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Inspired by Stamping Inspiration Challenge!

    PS - your son looks so handsome in his uniform. :)

    Mynn xx said...

    OH MY WORD. This is my new favorite of yours!!! LOVE the layered lace trims--and the composition is amazing!!! :)

    Anonymous said...

    Hi Ellen! This is just beautiful! I love your quilling and what you did with the sentiment! Just gorgeous! Hugs, Joanna

    Colleen Dietrich said...

    Ellen, I just saw that you won at IBSIC, and I couldn't be happier for you, my friend! Yay!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...