Tuesday, June 5, 2012

OOZAK AND DOODLE PANTRY CHALLENGES

Hi girlies! I saw that Sandy Allnock is hosting at the OOZAK Challenge this month, so I decided to give it a go. This is a new challenge blog for me, plus I have been trying to learn about using Copics by watching Sandy’s wonderful tutorials.  (Guess what? I took the plunge and got some Copics…. stay tuned for some coloring attempts by me coming soon). 

If you follow my blog, you know I love Doodle Pantry, but I use pre-colored digis. It is time for a new Doodle Pantry challenge so for this card, I used their paper and pre-colored image.

I wanted to do a card that could be used for a man or a woman, so I decided to go with colors that could appeal to either.  The pelican and sentiment, and the DSP’s are all from Doodle Pantry.  I combined the pelican and sentiment so they could fit on one Spellbinder oval. I then stacked that on a Spellbinders Labels Eighteen and a Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two. 

I used Craftwell cardstock for the brown and blue bases and the Spellbinders.  The brown print paper was run through a crimper to add more dimension and then sewn onto the base.  Three metal brads, some bakers twine and a Fiskar’s border punch complete this card.

You can see from this picture that I kept it nice and flat for easy mailing. 

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR THESE CHALLENGES:

OOZAK: Challenge #3 :: Two Papers and Embellies!

DOODLE PANTRY:  DPDC24  THEME: Use a Doodle Pantry image
(NOT just a sentiment)

I also made this card for:

Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222

*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?

hugs,

orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_ image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[1]

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5 x 4.25″

  • STAMPS: Doodle Pantry
  • PAPER: Doodle Pantry, Craftwell
  • TOOLS: Big Shot, Spellbinders Classic Ovals, Labels Eighteen, Fancy Tags Two; Sewing machine, crimper, Fiskar’s border punch
  • INK:None
  • ACCESSORIES: Really Reasonable Ribbon baker’s twine, metal brads
  • dividerNew_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_t

    10 comments:

    Dawn Frost said...

    Gorgeous card I LOVE the pelican! Great colours; the papers are lovely. Thanks for joining us at DPDC#24!

    Glenda Atkins said...

    Beautiful card, love the pelican. The blue paper and blue frame really make it all pop! Great metal brads! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digtial challenge #24!

    Sandy Allnock said...

    Ellen this is fantastic! Oh my, I need that nestie....I haven't ever had an idea what to do with it but it really makes a statement. Nice job! Thanks for joining in my challenge at Oozak!!

    PS Can't wait to see some of your Copic coloring...glad to hear you found the paper!

    Linda Anderson said...

    Wowza, this card is stunning!!! Love all your details, especially the stacking of the two nesties. Gorgeous.

    Linda

    Donna said...

    What a wonderful card! I love the design and layout! Thanks for joining us for the Doodle Pantry challenge!

    L.Wilson said...

    Ooooh, gorgeous!! Love the accents and diecut frame! Everything is perfect! thanks for joining Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge 24!

    Lorianna said...

    LOVE this!!!
    The layout looks PERFECT with this image
    Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge #24!
    Hugs
    Lorianna DPDT

    Pat (mspfd) said...

    What a beautiful creation! I love this image with the wonderful mix of papers. Thanks so much for joining us for DPDC24.

    AllisonG said...

    Thanks for playing along at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge this month - love the pelican. I'm like you - prefer the pre-colored images but also took the plunge and bought Copic markers. Just keep practicing and you'll get the hang of them! :-)

    Georgia Ehrmann said...

    Such a beautiful card! Congrats on winning the challenge at Doodle Pantry!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...