Thursday, June 14, 2012

OWH SKETCH CHALLENGE 125

Hi to all my blogging friends! Welcome back to see my card for this week’s Operation Write Home sketch challenge.

My son is in the Army, in AIT at Ft. Benning. He has only been in AIT for a couple of weeks, and was so happy that they are allowed to have electronics now.  Well, that didn’t last long.  Someone decided to try to rob the main PX and although he was arrested, there was mass punishment and they lost their electronics for now.  Needless to say, my soldier is not happy, so I made this card to send to him.

The stamp set is Verve’s Always On My Mind set.  The embossing folder is Cuttlebug’s Palm Leaves with matching border set. Some stitching on my sewing machine and heat embossing for the stars and sentiment and this card was done!

Hopefully he will have his stuff back by the time he gets the card. I know how he hates being punished for something someone else did. LOL don’t we all hate that?

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR:

Operation Write Home; Sketch 125


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
orchidsig2_thumb2_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1] image_thumb1_thumb1_thumb1_thumb_thu[2]

SUPPLIES
SIZE: approx
5.5 x 4.25″

Instructions: Cut base panel 5.5 x 4.25. Cut yellow panel 5.25 x 4 and emboss the top 2 inches. Cut the red strip 5.5 x .75 and emboss with the matching border embossing folder. Cut the 4 small rectangles. Stamp sentiment and stars with Versamark and emboss using red embossing powder. Attach all and stitch as desired.

 

dividerNew_thumb_thumb

1 comment:

Mynn xx said...

This is fabulous!!! LOVE the bold colors you used--and the sentiment is amazing with your star images! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...