Monday, July 9, 2012

OWH AND RRR MEET HERE

Hi sweeties! It is a new week and I am back on my normal card schedule – whew.  I really have to get more organized so I am getting cards posted on time. It is depressing to make a card and then realize I barely missed the deadline! I found that happening a couple of times recently, so I have a new plan and hopefully will be entering as many, or more challenges, but be more organized in my approach.

Today, I am sharing a card that I made using the Operation Write Home sketch and the Really Reasonable Ribbon theme. I hope you enjoy this!

I had so much fun making this card.  I was a little stumped when I saw the sketch….wasn’t sure what I could do that would be different, but then I remembered I had some DCWV adhesive cardstock strips that look like water and I had the freebie fish from Doodle Pantry. I then thought I could combine rhinestones so that they would look like bubbles and while at Michaels today, I found some K&Company ocean die cuts and acetate corals; PERFECT!

I made the sentiment on my computer and printed it. I cut slits in the sentiment and ran the ribbon through and under and added the little bow.  More tiny rhinestones on the sentiment and it was all done!

I hope you enjoyed the card. Happy crafting!

THIS CARD QUALIFIES FOR

OWH Sketch Challenge #128

RRR Challenge #51 Children’s Birthday with ribbon


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:

image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog. Please leave comments so I know you were here! PLEASE HELP ME GROW! If you are not a follower yet, would you please click follow?
hugs,
anewsig_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″


anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

6 comments:

StampTramps said...

Totally awesome! I love how you put the coral behind some of the strips and what you did with the bling! Great job!

Mynn xx said...

TOO CUTE!!! LOVE your underwater scene, Ellen! And the rhinestone bubbles are fabulous! :) Gorgeous card!!! :)

phamil said...

I really LOVE those embellishments! This is a totally sweet and cute card! Thanks for playing along with the RRR challenge!

Erika said...

Your card looks like an aquarium! Very cool and you put a lot of thought into your design! Great job.

Julie said...

Awesome card, Ellen! I love how you layered in that coral die cut! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Linda said...

Wow!...that card is so great...cannot think that the shelf life will be pretty short! That ribbon is the prefect touch! TFS!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...