Sunday, August 12, 2012

FANCY FLOWERS FROM IBS

Hello again! This is my second post for today, so please scroll down to see the first one!

Whew! Now that I finished that CAS card, I get to have fun with layers, flowers and lace!! And here it is:

That gorgeous flower is from Inspired by Stamping’s Fancy Flowers set and colored with Copics.  The sketch is Operation Write Home’s sketch for this week and lent itself to lovely layers and lace, so I took advantage of that. My MS doily border punch added to the vintage feel, along with the distressed edges. Some Spellbinders and a ZVA Creative flourish finish this card.

Now for the challenges:

IBSIC #21 is an Inspiration Challenge. Here is the gorgeous inspiration photo:

Operation Write Home Sketch 133:



I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge: It is being included in a Military Care Package that I am sending to a U.S. soldier who is deployed.

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1][2]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb__thumb
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

14 comments:

Sarah said...

Gorgeous card--this will go great in your care package!

Jen M said...

Wow! This is lovely!

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Very lovely card. I really like the fancy flower -- great coloring and I like the vintage look too.

Sharon

Anonymous said...

Swoon Ellen! This is just gorgeous! I love it! Up on FB IBS page if you don't mind???!!! It is just soooo beautiful! Hugs, Joanna

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful card, I love the rose, the die you've used is so pretty and wonderful colouring. Thanks for joining us at IBSIC. Deb xx

Linda said...

Gorgeous! TFS!!!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Ellen, you've made that rose from IBS really pop! Love the leaves you accented it with, too.

Thank you so much for playing with us at IBSIC.

Maria said...

So very lovely in all the pinks and greens! Amaing flower for the focal point...love it!

Bernardine Cuttino said...

Ellen, this card is drop dead gorgeous, beautiful coloring. So lovely. Hugs

Julie said...

That's a beautiful flower, and I love all the bling! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Carolynn said...

Hello luscious!!! What a fabulous fabulous take on the sketch!! Carol

Valerie said...

This is a fabulous card! so much detail and rich with color!

Lee Mae said...

Simply gorgeous! The flower and gem flourish are stunning.

Stay True To God said...

Gorgeous card Ellen!! Love the layers & lace!! :) God bless & big hugs... Tracy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...