Tuesday, August 14, 2012

HELLO PUMPKIN!

Hi cuties! It is Viva la Verve time and I am actually doing August week 2 before week one, but shhhh. No one will notice, I’m sure!  Week 1 will be up later today, so be sure to come back to check it out!

I KNOW! It is still summer but at Operation Write Home, we need to start getting our Fall cards sent out.  I just got this stamp set in from Verve and just love these pumpkins.  I also love the fact that not all of the sentiments are strictly Thanksgiving.  The yellowy background paper was made using this Wax Paper Resist technique from Splitcoaststampers. I adore the way that technique looks when finished.

Some metallic copper paper was punched with a Fiskars border punch for the lower panel and some Craftwell cardstock was used for the base. A scrap of MME was used for the Spellbinders die cut and some fabric tape was added at the bottom. The image was stamped on white cardstock, colored with Copics and distressed with DI. I rounded two of the corners with a corner rounder punch.  Some bling and ribbon finish off this card.

Now for the challenges:
**Viva la Verve! August Week 2 {8/10/12}**



I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge: It is being included in a Military Care Package that I am sending to a U.S. soldier who is deployed.

image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″


anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So beautiful! Love all the sparkle!

Maria said...

Gorgeous fall card! Love those pretty pumpkins and lovely gems! Great job, Ellen! Take care, hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...