Tuesday, August 21, 2012

GOOD TO BE BACK!

Hello my sweet blogging friends! Going to Ft. Benning and seeing my son graduate was so much fun, but I am happy to be back home and spending some time in my craft studio.

I had fun figuring out what to do for this card since the technique of the day is tearing.  The Less is More challenge requires torn paper on the card, but I found that to be much harder than it sounded. After several tries that ended up looking like a torn paper mess, this is what I came up with:

I tore three strips of yellow paper scraps and attached them together. I then stamped the torn strips in Olive VersaColor using a Hero Arts Starbursts stamp and added a Hero Arts sentiment. Yellow rhinestones in the centers of the flowers complete this CAS card.

Now for the challenges:
Less is More Week 81 Tearing



I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge: It is being included in a Military Care Package that I am sending to a U.S. soldier who is deployed.

image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_

10 comments:

PastMastery said...

Simple but lovely Ellen! Sx

PastMastery said...

Simple but lovely Ellen!
Sx

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab card design

Kathyk said...

Lovely card

Kathyk

Jane Willis said...

Beautiful, really elegant use of tearing

Jane

Unknown said...

Beautiful card.

Karen x

Mandi said...

Lovely card Ellen
Huge congrats to your son on his graduation
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Anita said...

Gorgeous and elegant card!
Anita

GinaA said...

This is beautiful, I love the tones of the paper and the dimensional effect. Stunning card.

Chrissie said...

Many apologies for the tardiness of my visit this week, a cruise to Norway intervened somewhat!
Thanks for your gorgeous submission.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...