Thursday, August 30, 2012

LESS IS MORE TODAY

Hello crafty friends! Time to share my card for the Less is More challenge, but I could not make up my mind. The first one I did is clean, but is it simple enough? I decided to make a second card that is definitely CAS so I am entering it in the challenge, but I’m going to show you both of them to get opinions on the first one.

The challenge this week is a RECIPE 3 - 2 – 1. This week we have a simple idea for you to use as the focus of your cards. All that you need to do is to incorporate 3 of something, 2 of something and 1 of something else!

The one I am entering into the challenge:

This card has 3 words, 2 swirly border cuts, and 1 Washi Tape.  Lots of white space, not a lot of embellies.  I think this one definitely fits the Less is More guidelines “A design of card with clean lines, minimal elements, areas of white space and few or no embellishments.”

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

Here is the first one I made, and I am second guessing my decision to use this many elements, and that is why I made the other card.

This one has 3 squares, 2 rhinestones, 1 mouse image.

Spellbinders Lacey Squares are under the mouse image which is a Spellbinders standard square.  The white panel is embossed with Swiss Dots embossing folder. The sentiment has two corners rounded with a corner rounder and has two purple rhinestones.  The image and sentiment are from Sweet N Sassy. I colored the image with Copics.

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

Now for the challenges:

Less is More Week 82: a RECIPE 3 - 2 – 1. This week we have a simple idea for you to use as the focus of your cards. All that you need to do is to incorporate 3 of something, 2 of something and 1 of something else!

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

 
 
anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

2 comments:

Chrissie said...

Sweet LIM card Ellen.
Thanks so much for joining us.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Mandi said...

Lovely card Ellen
If you dont mnd m saying Id have turned the scroll to match at thte ribbon edge
No offence...nothing to do with me lol
Thaks very much
Mandi
LIM

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...