Wednesday, August 29, 2012

VERVE WEEK 4 CAS CHALLENGE

Hi sweet friends! Today, I started working on the last Verve challenge for this month. It is a CAS sketch and I started with a feminine AnyHero card, but wasn’t sure if it was CAS enough, so I then made a patriotic AnyHero card.  I think I have been hanging out with the Less is More crowd too much (LOL) because I still felt it was not CAS enough.  So I made one more card with lots of white space.  I decided to show you all of them to get input about them, since I am learning how to make CAS cards.

This is the last one I made and the one I think I will enter into the challenge:

I had to alter the sketch a little so the stamps would fit, but I like the card. I paper pieced the balloon and basket, and I embossed the white layer with a Darice embossing folder. The stamps are Verve.

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

The feminine card:

Now, I love this card. It is so much my style, but I just wasn’t sure if it was CAS.  The papers are Wild Rose Studio, the stamp is Verve and the flower is Inspired by Stamping.

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

And the patriotic one:

I love the vintage feel of this one.  The large panel background was made using the Wax Paper technique and Distress Inks. I made little pleats in the ribbon and sewed them down. The star is from a Sizzlits die and is embossed with a Verve stamp. The sentiment is also Verve.

SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″

So, three cards from the same sketch and all three have an entirely different feel.  Are they all CAS?

Now for the challenges:

Verve AUG2012WK4

 


I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

 
 
anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...