Thursday, September 6, 2012

JOY FOLD CARD FOR THE PINK ELEPHANT

Hello again! This is my second post for today, so if you missed the first one, please scroll down to check it out!
I made this card using a technique I found at Splitcoaststampers called the Joy Fold Card. You can view the tutorial by clicking here.  It was a very fun and easy fold to do, so maybe you will give it a try sometime!

I am entering this card into a new challenge for me called The Pink Elephant (LOL I just love that name!).  I used paper from Craftwell (the solid ones) and Prima (the patterned ones). The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon, the bottom flourish/medallion is from Memory Box and the top one is a Spellbinders Cut/Fold/Tuck die topped with a pretty little rose from Inspired by Stamping.  The dark blue panel is embossed with a Sizzix embossing folder. Since I made the small version of this card (4.25x4.25) I didn’t want to add another embellishment or tag to hold the card closed, so I added a magnet under the ribbon and the top piece behind the paper. It is strong enough, even through the layers, to hold the card shut.

I have another card in mind using the larger version. I can’t wait to see how that one turns out! Have a great day. I am going to enjoy a late afternoon thunderstorm.
This card is being entered in: The Pink Elephant TPE164 – Use patterned paper.
I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222[1][2]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
4.25x4.25″

anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

2 comments:

Mynn xx said...

Hi, Ellen! What a gorgeous creation!!! I adore the colors and that lace trim is amazing! LOVE the bright green bow, too! I just sent you an email with some fun info for ya! ;) HUGS and hope you're having a great day!!!

Maria said...

Such a gorgeous trifold card! I must give it a try some time! Love the paper you used and the stunning focal point! Sweet beautiful bright bow, too! Take care and have a wonderful weekend, hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...