Thursday, September 6, 2012

MANY TANKS!

Hi everyone! OK, I don’t know about you, but I am really tired of this HOT weather!  I think we are supposed to get a break early next week, so in the meantime, I will be in the house. 

I made this card using Operation Write Home’s Sketch #136, and I made it for a friend’s son who is in the Army.  I love AnyHero cards, but even more fun is knowing who is going to receive my card.  I can’t wait to get this in the mail!

b

I haven’t used this stamp set in a while, so I decided it would be perfect for this hero’s card!  All of the paper is from my scrap pile. The tanks are colored with my Copics and cut using a Spellbinders Labels Four.  Two gears help attach the sentiment to the card.

I made this card for:

Operation Write Home Sketch 136

I also made this card for:
Mynnette’s Spread the L-O-V-E challenge:
image7222222222222222222222222222222[1]
*Operation Write Home: Supporting our nation's armed forces by sending blank handmade greeting cards to write home on, as well as cards of gratitude to encourage them.Thank you so much for stopping by! I am always so happy to see that you have been to my blog.
Please leave comments so I know you were here!
hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_
SUPPLIES
SIZE:
5.5x4.25″
anewdiv_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

6 comments:

Ardyth said...

Were we separated at birth? I'm tired of the heat (I LOVE sweater weather!) and I've made a similar card with a denami tank stamp (after trimming off the chick!) and my 13 yr old son would love this card and is in the Canadian Air Cadets, and may well turn out to be a soldier at some point!Love how you've used a map as a background! I'll be off to hambo to get this stamp asap!

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Ellen, I love this stamp set. Your card is darling! I am with you, the heat is killing me! I can't wait for winter.

Maria said...

Wonderful card! Those are great tanks and fab backgkround paper! Take care, hugs!

Linda said...

Great card...love those papers! TFS!!!

Julie said...

This is so cute, Ellen! I love that punny sentiment! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Katy said...

This is awesome! Love the tanks and sentiment! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...