Wednesday, November 14, 2012

THANKFUL FOR MY FRIEND

I have been so fortunate to make a lot of friends on the internet.  I am so thankful for each and everyone of you, but I have one friend who is going through a really tough time, so this card is for her.

I don’t know if you can tell from the picture, but I printed the Doodle Pantry Autumn Star twice and used one to cut out the small star, ribbon and some leaves to pop up and give dimension to the card.  The sentiment is from two sources, “for my friend” is from the Autumn Star set and “Thankful” is a free digi download from Paper Smooches.  I really wanted to play in their challenge, but one of their stamps is required. I hope this will qualify!

This is also my “clean and casual” look that I have been working on.  I did use layers to give contrast and used a Martha Stewart punch on the small panel base. The bottom half of the white base is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  The ribbon is from RRR and I just LOVE it! I have almost used all of that orange!

Thank you so much for stopping by! I always love to see that you have visited with me for a few minutes.

Link to challenges:

Paper Smooches November 12-18 Designer Drafts Challenge

 

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

11 comments:

Caroline said...

Beautiful card the layout and colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

Teresa Kline said...

this is awesome, I adore the sketch...be sure to check out this post
http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/2012/11/mojo-monday-266-winners.html

have a wonderful week!

enjoy *~*

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Beautiful card and your coloring is fabulous. Thank you for playing along with us at SPARKS challenge. :)

Mynn xx said...

Ellen, this is beautiful! AMAZING coloring--also, CONGRATS on your win for Mojo Monday! How exciting is this?! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card done in the CAS style..really shows the beauty of the 'winter star' to it's best! Great work!

Glenda Atkins said...

I said winter star,I meant autumn star...oops!

Dawn Frost said...

I just love the simplicity of this card! All the white just makes your autumn star pop, very nice!

Lisa Arana said...

So very beautiful and perfect for your friend. Thanks for joining us for the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge.

Linda Anderson said...

How beautiful!! Gorgeous image, layout, and that pop of orange from the ribbon...perfection.

Linda

Pat (mspfd) said...

So beautiful. Love all the white and the embossed background behind the gorgeous image. It really makes it pop.

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That black punched border is BEAUTIFUL!!! LOVE the pop of orange! Great use of that free digi stamp:) FAB take on this sketch:) THANKS so much for playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge!! Hope you join in the fun this week!!! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...