Saturday, January 5, 2013

ANYTHING GOES AT PAPER SMOOCHES

****If you missed my first post today, you can click here to go straight to it. Or, you can scroll down after seeing this one! ****

Happy Saturday! Today was absolutely gorgeous here in North Carolina; a little cool but so sunny and pretty. It was a great day for taking short walks and getting fresh air.

I have been making birthday cards for deployed soldiers, and so far all have been masculine. I made this one and decided it either needs to be for a child or female so I am going to send it to Operation Write Home for a soldier to send back home.

This week is ANYTHING GOES at Pampered Pooch so I am submitting this card for the challenge. I find myself moving to cleaner designs lately, and this is just another example of it. I am having trouble getting to actual CAS, but I believe this is part of the evolution LOL. I stamped the little zebra (who I absolutely adore!) and masked him to create the foliage background. I cut the Spellbinder and used the negative space to frame the image and then make a matching SB frame in green. The bottom is an embossing folder with some old ric-rak that has been in my stash for a while.

Thanks for stopping by!

CHALLENGE LINK:


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_

4 comments:

Katy said...

I love this card!! Super cute!! :)

Brenda C said...

Love this card, especially the bold colors! Great job!

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous card, love the image and the CAS design, great card for OWH!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

That's so sweet to send cards to the soldiers!! I think this one could be for just about anyone--LOVE the leaf background! FAB use of those stamps! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the Paper Smooches SPARKS Anything Goes challenge!!! Can’t wait to see what you create for this week’s challenge– Vintage:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...