Saturday, January 26, 2013

NEW HOME

Hi sweet friends! I have been so afraid you all thought I stopped blogging. I am finally getting back to normal thanks to some great meds from my doctor!

Today I have a somewhat CAS card for you:

I just adore this cute image from Tiddly Inks and knew I had to use it for a card for my DD and DSiL who just moved into a new house.  I colored with Copics and mounted on red cardstock. I used a Paper Smooches sentiment and punched the bottom of the white layer with a Martha Stewart border punch. I am entering this card at the Just Add Ink and CAS-ual Fridays challenges (links below).

I also quilled something for them which I promptly shipped off without getting a good photo. Anyway, here is a picture (from my cell phone LOL) that I took when I was getting this framed.

Home

And, this is a picture of it all framed and on her wall (grabbed it from FB LOL). I know they are not the clearest pictures, but hopefully you get the idea.

3861_10200355886767743_352064332_n

Thanks so much for visiting with me today!

CHALLENGE LINK

CFC87: Use markers in your Clean And Simple Creation
Remember... a little can go a loooong way!
You can color an image, or an element, or get creative and show us some fun techniques!

JAI 150-Sketch Challenge

hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

12 comments:

Deb said...

What a sweet congratulations card! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Patrice said...

Adorable! Love the yellow and the way you've graduated the colour on your sentiment. Thanks for playing along at Just Add Ink this week.

Glenda Atkins said...

Delightful 'new home' card and a beautiful quilled 'Home'word within the frame. Lovely work!

SandeeNC said...

LOVE your card and the quilled HOME is fabulous, it looks awesome framed! And it must have made you smile to have seen your friend post it on FB, already up on their wall!!Thanks for visiting my blog, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥!

sandie said...

I love your CAS card, the image is so sweet and love how you have inked the sentiment in different inks. And what a gorgeous gift and glad you are feeling better x

Mae's Cachet said...

I love the yellow welcome feel to this card, so appropriate. A homemade gift is always so lovely and appreciated. Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Cute card - I like your colouring and multi coloured wording. Chantell JAI

Colleen Dietrich said...

What a cute house card! I like how you inked up the Paper Smooches sentiment in different colors.

That quilled "home" project is AMAZING! It looks beautiful framed as it is. Wow!

Trish *Spring Blossom* said...

This is such a sweet card and you've used the Just Add Ink sketch perfectly!

The quilling project is beautiful!

Trish
JAI Design Team

Christine Blain said...

The border punch is the perfect finishing touch to this gorgeous card, Ellen. I love the bright colours and the white space. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

Angie Tieman said...

How pretty! Love the beautiful coloring on your little house! Thanks so much for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays this week!

Dana said...

That colored house looks fabulous and the multi-hued sentiment really makes this perfect for the CAS-ual Friday challenge! Thanks for playing along this week:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...