Sunday, February 3, 2013

DEEPEST SYMPATHY

Happy Super Bowl Sunday dear friends! I am not a big sports fan, but many of my friends are, and they are SO excited about today’s game. I think I will craft today instead of preparing for the game!

My friend, who raises beautiful horses, told me she needed a sympathy card for a friend whose horse was at the end of his time.  I have never colored horses before, but I knew Laurie, at Doodle Pantry, had a wonderful horse image, so I grabbed it and made this card.

 

The image is an outline that I colored using Copics. It is from Doodle Pantry’s Saddle Up digital set, as are the red and wood grain papers. I used Spellbinders Nestabilities and Borderabilities and a Hero Arts sentiment.

I used the sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch but after finishing the card, I don’t know if it really is CAS. Too many layers? I don’t know. Tell me what you think. Either way, I like the way it turned out and hope my friend is satisfied with the card I made for her to give.

CHALLENGE LINK

CTS#13

Thanks for stopping by.


hugs,

8 comments:

Ardyth said...

And here I thought I was the only one in the horse sympathy card business (my sister's an equine surgeon - I make cards for her all the time!) This is beautiful and sure to be appreciated. Thanks for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

Jackie Rockwell said...

Great masculine card Ellen! Enjoy your night of crafting, I won't be watching the game either. :)

So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Kylie said...

Lovely card, Ellen! Great use of their sketch too! xx

Ellen said...

I wish one would never need a Horse Sympathy Card (or any other Sympathy Card for that matter; but, I think this is a perfect card for the occasion. I'm sure your friend will be greatly appreciative of your work.

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful horse sympathy card, I thinks it is perfect for the sad occasion. I am no judge of what is appropriate for CAS but if this isn't one it should be!!!

Gayatri said...

Great masculine card. Love the horse image. Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge:)

Anonymous said...

Lovely sympathy card! I love the framed horse head :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Dawn Frost said...

Ellen you did an amazing job colouring that horse, Beautiful background and love how you framed him!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...