Tuesday, February 5, 2013

TIME FOR A NEW TECHNIQUE

Wow. January came and went in a blur! Today is the first Tuesday of the month and that means it is a Technique Time Tuesday!  This month, we have a fantastic technique for you to try, Embedded Image. Mynnette has a detailed tutorial for you so after looking at my card, jump over and give it a try!

As I was making the embedded image panel, it became clear to me that I wanted to make this a vintage style card. Somehow, the image and frame lent itself to that.  So I punched a bunch of strips from this pretty Conservatory paper that I had on hand. I made the frame with a Spellbinders and used my craft knife to create the opening. For the embedded image, I used stamps from Lavinia and the small cloud is from Memory Box. Some lace from RRR, pearls, and a flower complete the card.

OK now it is your turn! Pop over to Technique Time Tuesday and check out Mynnette’s tutorial. I will be watching for your creation! And please don’t forget to check out the Crew’s cards. We love to receive a little love!

CHALLENGE LINK

Technique Time Tuesday: Embedded Image

Thanks for stopping by.


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

5 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Ellen. This card is gorgeous. I am going to give this technique a try. I am wondering if it would work with UTEE? I'll let you know.

Annette said...

Hi Ellen ,Your card is very inspired for me .My favorite is the punched corners...perfect idea :)will work it too ...

Hugs & Kisses ...Annette xx

Mynn xx said...

You never cease to amaze me, Ellen! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Your image is fabulous, your elements perfect--especially the pop of purple in the flower, and your textures are glorious! This is a work of art, truly! HUGS! :)

Katy said...

This is gorgeous! I love all the layers and the moon fairy is so perfect! Beautiful work! :)

Glenda Atkins said...

Gorgeous card and love the vintage look with the laces and the fancy frame, just everything! I will have to go take a look at the tutorial for embedded image! Thanks for the link!
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...