Saturday, February 9, 2013

GOT SNIFFLES?

Do you like freebies? I know I do, so when Doodle Pantry added a bunch of new freebies I got excited! There are eight (8) new sets under the Freebies tab. Some are free with purchase and some are free for a limited time.

This card is made using the new Soup & Tissue set which is FREE FOR A LIMITED TIME (Free through Feb. 14).  After being sick for a month, I knew I just had to play with this set!

I used the CAS(e) This Sketch for this card. The band of paper, the image and sentiment all came from the Soup & Tissue set. The tissues and soup are separate images, but I combined them and the sentiment so I could print them as one image.  I used a SB to cut the image out and then used my craft knife to cut a slit along the tissue line. I took a small piece of tissue, pulled it through the slit and secured it with tape. I used a Martha Stewart border punch on the DSP from the set and threaded some red ribbon through it.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I will be sharing another card that uses another new Doodle Pantry FREEBIE! So if you are like me and you love getting freebies, hop over to the freebies section at Doodle Pantry and see what is new!

CHALLENGE LINK

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #14


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

8 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh and I thought the first card was great, this one is out of the ballpark, wow! Love how you did the tissue!
hugs
Glenda

Kim S said...

I am in LOVE with your tissue - what a fun and creative touch! Thanks for joining us at CAS(E) this Sketch!

Ardyth said...

Adorable - I love that you added tissue to this for authenticity! Pretty colours and beautiful shading! Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

This a wayyy cool and the prefect season for this card... I can't wait to do a little casing!

Elizabeth Hart said...

The little tissue box is out of this world - so creative!!

Claudia N. said...

Oh, yesss...definitely the perfect card for me to see today, Ellen! I got sniffles rather heavy (hope I won't run out of hankies...).

Love your card!

Greetings from snowy Vienna,

Claudia x

Glittered Paws said...

Love It!!! I always have a runny nose - (I really think I am allergic to paper) so I always have tissue handy. I'm going to have to play with this one really soon.

Dawn Frost said...

Ellen I LOVE how you combined the two images and used tissue! Great card!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...