Thursday, March 28, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SGT. BOWE BERGDAHL

Hi sweet crafty friends! Where has this week gone? Our weather is supposed to start warming today and through the weekend, so I’m excited!

This is a very different post for me. I hope you will indulge me for just a minute.

Today is a special birthday. Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is a POW who has been held by Taliban allies in Afghanistan since June 30, 2009! Yes, that is 1367 DAYS! He was 23 years old when he was captured and will be 27 today. Imagine if he was your child, husband, friend and what these 4 years would be like. Even though my son is stateside, it still hits home to think of one of our own being captured and held for so long.

I am writing this post because I started a petition on the White House website and I need 100,000 signatures by April 25, 2013.  According to the website “Anyone 13 or older can create or sign a petition on WhiteHouse.gov. In order to participate in the We the People platform on WhiteHouse.gov, users must create a WhiteHouse.gov account and verify their email address.”  I take that to mean you can be anywhere in the world and help me with this cause!!!

Click here to go sign

I know that “a picture is worth a thousand words”, so this is Sgt. Bowe.  I am ashamed that we all know exactly who Casey Anthony is and we now know who Jodi Arias is, and yes we even know what they look like. But I ask you; have you ever heard of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl or seen his picture? Does it bother you that we have a POW that has been held for four long years and you never hear anything about him in the news? Well, it bothers me so I started the petition and pray that everyone who reads this will go sign it now. Sgt. Bowe deserves our support and needs to be brought home!

Click here to go sign

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for signing the petition.  Your signature means you care, and I am grateful that we still have caring people in the world.

hugs,

Ellen

2 comments:

Leanne ... said...

Ellen
After reading this my heart is aching!
This young man and family will be etched forever in my prayers.
Leanne

scrappymo! said...

I will sign but I am Canadian...
This is so sad...I will pray for him and his family!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...