Sunday, March 10, 2013

WHAT’S THE BUZZ?

**Second post for today. Please scroll down to see the first one.**

Welcome back for today’s encore performance! I have been busily making cards this week so I would be prepared for when I am gone. I’m SO excited to be going to see my daughter!!! I can’t wait to see her tomorrow! OK, here is my card for the Less is More challenge.

This week is One Layer Card week, but just to make it even more difficult the challenge also calls for spots and stripes, YIKES!  Well, I just received my Paper Smooches Cyber Café set and wanted to use it, so here is what I came up with. The spots are on the cup…the little red circles. The stripes are from the Vintage Post Card stamp set from Inspired by Stamping. This meant I had to do some masking and after several times of playing with this on scrap I decided to go ahead on the 110 CS.  I only had to do it twice, so I was ok with that.  But I need to know what you think. This is WAY out of my comfort zone!!! I have to admit though, it was a lot of fun.

CHALLENGE LINK

LIMforblinkie

Week 110 One Layer but we are also asking you for SPOTS and STRIPES

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Please tell me what you think. I can use any constructive suggestions you might have!

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_

8 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Wow Ellen! Love it! It has a great graphic quality to it. Enjoy your visit with your daughter.

Gerrina said...

Love the way you tackled the stripes and dots aswell! Great CaS-card!

sandie said...

Oh Ellen, I completely LOVE it! Wow and wow!! Perfect OLC and the masking is so good, love the contrast in colour and the sentiment is great. You know me CAS is my ,'go to' and you have nailed it!!

Gillian R said...

Fab card, love that coffee cup

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I LOOOVE it. I would have just got a ruler and black marking pen and just drawn lines...haha I'm lazy that way....this is a great great great card and I really need to case it. I think I have a few cup images lying around, but I'll have to make up my own sentiment in words and strategically place before printing. This is super duper fun card Ellen!!!!

Loli said...

Hola Ellen, great design and great masking technique , i like the feminine symbol for the spots, this is a perfect card for a good friend.Good job!.
Hugs from Palma de Mallorca

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous Ellen, you aced the the one layer concept!

Chrissie said...

Great idea Ellen!
This looks terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...