Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WITH SYMPATHY

Hi sweet friends! Welcome to challenge #12 at Inkspirational. I am so excited to see so many of you joining in with our challenges!

I know you will want to see all the gorgeous creations from our DT so be sure to check out their cards at Inspirational and leave a little love after you see mine! PLUS, we have a surprise for you! The DT at Inspired by Stamping is joining us this month and sharing some “inkspiration” with you. You will see their cards on the challenge blog as well!

This week we have a CASE challenge for you and here is my card.

This is a really simple card so there’s not much to say. I used a portion of an Inkadinkado background stamp for the focal image. I inked it with grey, brown and black Staz-On.  I added little strip of black and white DP from my stash on the left. The main panel is popped up with foam tape. The tag and sentiment are both from Inspired by Stamping.
CHALLENGE LINK
OUR SPONSOR:
Joanna, at Inspired by Stamping is graciously sponsoring our challenge this month! Her store is filled with gorgeous stamps, flowers, ribbons and lace, as well as dies. And best of all, she is giving one $20.00 gift card to our monthly winner! Be sure to check out her store. I know you will love it. (Remember, you must play in all four challenges this month to be eligible to win!)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Please hop over to Inkspirational to see all of the beautiful “inkspiration” from the DT!


hugs,
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb__thumb_thumb





11 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such an elegant take on the challenge, Ellen. I like how you have used the IBS stamps.
Thank you SO much for the beautiful birthday card! I am touched that you thought of me for my special day. :)

Mynn xx said...

This is gorgeous, Ellen! LOVE your monochrome and I adore the way you colored your swirl element. Just fabulous! Hope your trip was wonderful--HUGS! :)

Nikki Stalker said...

This is lovely Ellen. I really like the graduated colour you have given the main image. Lovely Sympathy card.

Nikki

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Beautiful beautiful card even if it is a sympathy card. I love the lines and curves and basic colors you chose.

Debbie said...

Gorgeous sympathy card!! I love the three colors on the image!!

Lisbeth K said...

I love this! I'm always fascinated when it's used more than one color in the stamping! Simple yes, but simple is hard to remember for silly me *lol* Beautiful sentiment :)

Donna said...

Gorgeous card. I think sympathy cards are the hardest to make. Your card is very elegant!

Pia S said...

What an elegant sympathy card! I think these kind of cards are hard to do, but you found the perfect balance!

Marina said...

Hi Ellen
Sadly, we all need sympathy cards from time to time and this is a very lovely one. I like the way you just used part of the stamp.
Marina

Anonymous said...

Wow Ellen! This is so beautiful! I love the focal design, the layer of patterned paper is just perfect, and that sentiment circle is fabulous! What a great combination!
- Shauna

Glenda Atkins said...

Another beauty Ellen,love the basic colours and the CAS style! Creates the right atmosphere for a sympathy card.
hugs
Glenda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...