Monday, April 29, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Happy Monday sweet friends. Another rainy day here in North Carolina and that is depressing! After a rainy, grey, dreary winter, I am so ready for some sunshine. *Sigh* OK, maybe that means I’ll get some crafting time later today.

CAS-ual Fridays challenge is to make birthday cards in honor of Michele’s birthday. I am still having fun with the Less is More sketch this week so I used their sketch for this card.

I got a new set of Paper Smooches dies and used one of them to make the background. I then dry embossed the background with a basket weave pattern. The sentiment label was made using the same die and I warped the sentiment on the block to match the shape of the tag. The flowers are from Memory Box and are popped up with foam.  So, Happy Birthday Michele!!!! I hope it was a great day.

Thanks for stopping by.

CHALLENGE LINKS

Less is More Week 117 Sketch

CAS-ual Fridays

CFC99: Create a Clean and Simple Birthday project.
You have until May 1st, and you can enter as many times as you'd like. Have fun, just keep it CAS :)

Supplies

 2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

This looks great fun Ellen!
What vibrant colours!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jen Nelson said...

ellen this is fantastic

Fabulous interpretation of my Sketch. Thanks for joining us this week
Jen
"Less Is More"

Pia S said...

I love this version of the LIM sketch! What a great idea to use strips of different colored papers to make the rectangle shape. This card is cool and elegant at the same time - a rare combination!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Two great cards following a fun sketch no doubt. I just love the color combos in the first with the swirl showing so much motion. I know your friend Michele loved it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...