Thursday, May 2, 2013

ATTEN-SHUN!

Hi lovely friends! Today I have a card with a little story. As you all know, I have been making birthday cards to send to deployed soldiers. Of course every envelope had my return address. Well, one day I received a Post Card from one of these soldiers!!!!!! I DID! It made me so very happy to hear from one of these soldiers.  I will treasure that Post Card forever.  I made this card to send back to him.

I found a new (to me) CAS challenge site called CAS on Sunday. I used their sketch for my card.

I used Paper Smooches stamps for this one and a metallic red paper for the backing.  A touch of ribbon and it was all done!  I think I’ll also enter this at Paper Smooches this week. They are doing Anything Goes!

CHALLENGE LINKS   

 
 
 
 
 

 

             April 29- May 5 ANYTHING GOES challenge

 

Supplies

 2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]

8 comments:

Nina Yang said...

How amazing it is to receive a reply card from one of the soldiers! So proud of you, Ellen! Your card must have touched his heart. Like this one! It is full of thought and creativity! Love the metallic paper backing idea! Thank you for joining us in the PS Soarks Challenge!

Pia S said...

This is such a cool card, with your choice of colors and the fun bird image!

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh what a lovely story, I can imagine how you felt, awesome.
hugs
Glenda

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Ellen, this is so neat! Thank you for playing along with us at Paper Smooches SPARKS challenge. :)

Nancy said...

What a great story!!! That's so cool! Love your card and so glad you played along over at CAS on Sunday!

Larissa Heskett said...

I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

Unknown said...

Awesome design! I love the trail of stars. Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesome!!! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS on Sunday!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...