Friday, July 19, 2013

COOL DUDE

Happy Friday! This is my second card today, so please scroll down to see the first one!

(A2; Stamps: CAS-ual Fridays (Dude sentiment from RAD set), Inkadinkado (Cool sentiment from serif lowercase alphabet); Dies: Silhouette (penguins and card shape); Misc: Vellum (to make ice blocks), Liquid Pearls (for “snow”), UTEE)

This week, the Cue Card word at CAS-ology is Cool. I wanted to make ice blocks using vellum and UTEE so I thought the little penguins would be cute on this card. I cut the vellum and stamped the letters using Stazon.  I then coated each piece 2-3 times with UTEE, just depending on how they looked. I added Liquid Pearls to make it look like it is snowing and “built” up an accumulation on the sentiment blocks and a little on the penguins heads. Popped up the largest penguin with foam tape and was done.

Thanks for stopping by!
Link to Challenge
Week 53: COOL

 

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

8 comments:

Rocky said...

I love those penguins, they're so cute. The holes punched in the card are really effective, love it.

Pia S said...

This is cool in every aspect of the word! You did a great job making those ice blocks and I like the added snow. A great design!

Katy said...

Love this card! I love how you made the ice cubes! And your penguins are so cute! :)

Ardyth said...

These are indeed cool dudes! Reinforced by the ice and snow and the cool blue, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Cool card and cool ice blocks from Silhouette...perfect card for this time of year.

Tracey McNeely said...

A fun card, love the ice. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week!

Rosemary said...

really fun take on the cue word... the penguins are soo cool!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Glenda Atkins said...

I love penguins and these guys are adorable or should I say 'cool'! Either way your card rocks, just love it!
glendaxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...