Monday, August 12, 2013

CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS

Hi my dear friends! I have two posts again for you today and this is my second one, so please scroll down to see what’s up at Operation Write Home in my first post!

(A2; Stamps:Doodle Pantry Vintage Lamppost, COLOR French Horn, Holiday Greetings, Country Flavors Digi Paper Pack),

This card looks simple and it really is, but I did a lot of merging from different digital sets which I will explain here. First, I chose the sketch from CAS(e) This Sketch as my design. The red paper is from the Country Flavors Digi Paper Pack. I decided what size I needed it to be and created the panel in my Paintshop Pro software.  I then grabbed the lamppost from Vintage Lamppost and sized it to fit the panel. I layered it over the red and then did the hardest part (which is really not hard! It just takes a little patience). The mistletoe is part of an image in COLOR French Horn and I really wanted to add it to the lamppost so, I used Paintshop Pro to delete the French Horn and keep the bow and plant. I then sized and layered it over the lamppost.

For the sentiment, instead of it being stacked (from Holiday Greetings) I wanted the words in a line, so I just cropped and made a new image with them in a line. I printed the sentiment on the card base, placed a green mat under the red panel and did some messy stitching. That was it.

I love playing with digital images and that is why I love digital stamping, but if you are not one for that, its OK! You can create a very similar card by printing on white paper and use DI and sponge to make it red! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Link to Challenge:

Be sure to pop over to the Doodle Pantry blog and join in the fun this month! Between August 1 – 24, just for joining us for DPDC37 you will get Pumpkin Peeps FREE (preview picture below)!  Also, August 1 –24 you will get this beautiful Magnolia set FREE with your purchase from the Doodle Pantry store! 

FREE WITH PURCHASE August 1 – 24

Magnolia - Free with purchase Aug 1-24 only

FREE FOR JOINING US AT DPDC37

You can get Pumpkin Peeps for FREE just for following our guidelines and linking up to challenge #37

Thanks so much for stopping by!

HUGS!!!!

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

3 comments:

Donna said...

Awesome card! I love the way the background seems to shine through the lamp. Very nice!

Glenda Atkins said...

Beautiful card and although you say it wasn't difficult to make it sounds terribly complicated to me! The result however is fabulous!
hugs
glenda

Unknown said...

Wowza Ellen, that looks fantastic. What a lot of work you did, but it was soooo worth it. I also love playing with digi stamps. Thanks for the inspiration!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...