Monday, August 12, 2013

CHRISTMAS BLESSINGS

Hi my dear friends! I have two posts again for you today and this is my second one, so please scroll down to see what’s up at Operation Write Home in my first post!

(A2; Stamps:Doodle Pantry Vintage Lamppost, COLOR French Horn, Holiday Greetings, Country Flavors Digi Paper Pack),

This card looks simple and it really is, but I did a lot of merging from different digital sets which I will explain here. First, I chose the sketch from CAS(e) This Sketch as my design. The red paper is from the Country Flavors Digi Paper Pack. I decided what size I needed it to be and created the panel in my Paintshop Pro software.  I then grabbed the lamppost from Vintage Lamppost and sized it to fit the panel. I layered it over the red and then did the hardest part (which is really not hard! It just takes a little patience). The mistletoe is part of an image in COLOR French Horn and I really wanted to add it to the lamppost so, I used Paintshop Pro to delete the French Horn and keep the bow and plant. I then sized and layered it over the lamppost.

For the sentiment, instead of it being stacked (from Holiday Greetings) I wanted the words in a line, so I just cropped and made a new image with them in a line. I printed the sentiment on the card base, placed a green mat under the red panel and did some messy stitching. That was it.

I love playing with digital images and that is why I love digital stamping, but if you are not one for that, its OK! You can create a very similar card by printing on white paper and use DI and sponge to make it red! Thanks for stopping by!!!

Link to Challenge:

Be sure to pop over to the Doodle Pantry blog and join in the fun this month! Between August 1 – 24, just for joining us for DPDC37 you will get Pumpkin Peeps FREE (preview picture below)!  Also, August 1 –24 you will get this beautiful Magnolia set FREE with your purchase from the Doodle Pantry store! 

FREE WITH PURCHASE August 1 – 24

Magnolia - Free with purchase Aug 1-24 only

FREE FOR JOINING US AT DPDC37

You can get Pumpkin Peeps for FREE just for following our guidelines and linking up to challenge #37

Thanks so much for stopping by!

HUGS!!!!

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...