Monday, January 27, 2014

LIM156: YOU ARE SIMPLY THE BEST

Hello sweet friends. Today, I am sharing a card I made for the Less is More challenge. Do you like to cook and play around with recipes? You know, change ingredients or add something different to see what happens? I do that all the time, and I found myself doing that with this card.

(A2: Stamps:CAS-ual Fridays (Truth Is), Technique Tuesday (Simply You); DSP: scraps; EF: Darice; Cardstock: Neenah Solar White)

If you saw my post on Friday you saw a technique I was playing with that gives this 3D look to my flowers. I used white EP as shown in the tutorial, but all weekend I kept thinking, what if I used a EP that coordinates with the coloring, and that is how this was born. (The link to the tutorial is also in the Friday post). So with the LIM sketch in hand, I embossed the top two thirds of the card base, stamped the sentiment on a scrap of DSP and added a strip of card behind it. Then attached to the base and added the flowers. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by. Here is a link to the LIM challenge in case you want to share in the fun.

We'd love you to display our banner

Week 156 Sketch It's SKETCH TIME

Hugs!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

9 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

Hi Ellen. I really like this card. That flower is so dimensional. Love your color combination too. Have a great day.
Donna xx

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous card Ellen, great technique with the flower - it looks amazing! Jo x

Anne said...

Super card, I love the vertical embossing and your flowers look great.
Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week
Anne
Less is More GD

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

It's awesome!!! Striking! I'll check out the tutorial

Lee-Anne said...

So simple and yet so elegant! Love it!

Chrissie said...

This is stunning Ellen!
I love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
Less is More

Rosmarie said...

Clean, simple and bright!! Fabulous!
Rosi x

Gabi MeWi said...

Your card is one of the best...

Linda J said...

This is lovely! I especially like the vertical lines. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...