Wednesday, January 8, 2014

OWH206: MISSING YOU

A chilly hump day hello to my dear friends! It’s time for an Operation Write Home sketch:

(Size: A2: Stamps: Paper Smooches (Salutations), Inspired by Stamping (Delicate Doilies; Paper: Graphic 45 (Ladies Diary); Dies: Spellbinders)

When I saw the sketch, I knew it was time for me to try the stacked circles I have been so inspired by.  For this one, I used 5 stacks, but I only used foam tape on the stack on top of the side panel. So the first two are directly attached to the card base, foam tape, then three directly adhered to each other. If it wasn’t going to OWH and into the mail, I would have used one more dimension for the stack, maybe…. I stamped a doily on the second from the top circle and I used distress ink on the top three circles. The side panel is stitched for added interest. I just loved how these colors looked on the black so just went with the black base.

Thanks for stopping by!

Link to Challenge

2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[1]_thumb

4 comments:

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I love this one too and since I have that clock paper then I hope to try to case yours in the future when I get my craft room unpacked!

Marsha said...

BEAUTIFUL. Going in my "to be cased" file.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Just beautiful Ellen. Love the Graphic45 papers and those circle stacks. Your stitching in blue just adds to the vintage feel. Thanks for playing!

Unknown said...

Really lovely card. Love the many layers on the circles, a testament that more is better! Love the extra touch of zig zag stitching, a special little addition! Thanks for playing along

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...