Monday, February 24, 2014

FMS124: JUST A NOTE…

Hi dear friends. Welcome to the beginning of a new week. I hope you will have lots of crafty time as you go through this week. I have two posts for you today. This is my first and is my card for the Freshly Made Sketches challenge.

(A2; Stamps: Hero Arts (sentiment), Inkadinkado (background); Butterfly punch: EK)

I have been playing around with backgrounds this weekend and used a couple of them on this card.

The three panels are from a 4” square background stamp from Inkadinkado.  I heat embossed the image with clear embossing powder and then dropped dots of acrylic paint on the paper and used an old library card to move the paint around. Once it was covered, I just wiped off any excess paint. I let that dry while I played a bit more with the Shaving Cream technique we have been using this month at Technique Time Tuesday

Once my backgrounds were dry, I cut the background into the three panels for the sketch and I punched the top layer of the butterfly. I added green borders on all pieces and punched the bottom layer of the butterfly from the same green.

I stamped the sentiment from Hero Arts (I don’t remember the name of the set), did a little stitching and placed on a blank card.

I hope you enjoyed!

Here is a link to the challenge:

 

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Hugs!

NewSignature

DoodlePantryBirdieThanksBadge

3 comments:

Amy O said...

What a pretty card! I love the stitching you've added too. Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

How pretty this is! That background is just wonderful and I love the little butterfly. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Sparkly Engineer said...

This is beautiful. I love the stamping and the colors the design is just right for this sketch and the stitching is a perfect touch

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...