Sunday, May 18, 2014

TCC10: WHAT’S THE BUZZ

Happy, happy Sunday! The buzz is something I have to wait to tell, but I am excited!

The challenge at The Card Concept is coffee……yummmmm, I LOVE coffee, so this was a fun one! Paper Smooches is Anything Goes this week, so I am sharing there too. Here is my card:

(A2: Stamps: Paper Smooches (Cyber Café); Dies: Paper Smooches (Alphawhimsy); Burlap paper: DCWV) 

I kept thinking of how coffee beans ship in those burlap sacks and wanted to incorporate that look into my card. I also see a lot of coffee shops that use relaxing colors and pulled from that inspiration. I just used the die set to cut the letters on black card stock and used the negative. I stamped the coffee beans similar to what I have seen on the sacks and then added the mug just for fun. The sentiment is stamped over a coffee cup stain and attached with a brad. I hope you like my card! 

Thanks for stopping by.

Happy crafting!

NewSignature_thumb1_thumb

8 comments:

Pia S said...

Love your idea of stamping onto burlap, and this kind if texture works so well with the coffee theme of your card! Nice!!!

Nancy Penir said...

Great ideas here, never knew I could stamp on burlap. You did it so well! Fun card!

donna mikasa said...

Such a great card--I love that you stamped on burlap!

~amy~ said...

Love the stamping on burlap!
Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

Tanja said...

I also love the burlap-idea - the card-front really look like a coffee sack.

Tracey McNeely said...

The burlap adds so much interest! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Such acool card! Love your burlap stamping! Thanks for playing with us at SPARKS this week!

Karen Davis said...

The stamped Burlap is so perfect for the theme Ellen. I love the sentiment too, so perfect for a caffeine hit!!Thank you for joining us at The Card Concept.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...