Thursday, July 17, 2014

AI140: HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU

Hello dear friends! I have another card to share today and it is for a couple of new (to me) challenges.

I just love Art Impressions stamps! They are so very funny. The challenge is birthday cards and I just happen to have their stamp called Birthday Couple.

At Simon Says Stamp, the theme is Spots and Dots. I just got the balloon stencil, and I know technically it is not a spot or dot, but it is close LOL, and I used the rhinestones on the cake, so that should count (I hope!!). Anyway, here is my card:

(A2; Stamps: Art Impressions (Birthday Couple); Simon Says Stamps (Big You and Hello You); Stencil: Simon Says Stamps (Balloon & Patterns Stencil); Die: Spellbinders; Copics E – 0000, 000, 00. 04, 11, 21, 29, 57; G24; YG – 03, 06, 11; Y – 11, 15, 17; C-0 and C-3)

Now, as my husband and I get older, this image gets funnier and funnier to me! I colored the image with Copics and a tiny bit of gel pen on the glasses. I used another piece of white card and cut a partial circle then stenciled the balloons using daubers and Distress Ink. After stamping the sentiment I finished off with rhinestones, a yellow  then green border and mounted on a white card base.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my card as much as I enjoyed making it!

Here is the link to the challenges in case you want to check them out!

Challenge 140 - "Big Birthdays" All Birthday Cards

Spots & Dots!

Thanks so much for your visit!

Happy Crafting!!!

NewSignature

dogtags

11 comments:

Renee Matarese said...

Oh my gosh! I love this! You used one of my favorite images and green is my favorite color. The way you did the balloons and cake is so cool! Love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions this week. ~Renee

Pia S said...

What a fun image and design! A brilliant layout with balloons and love the facial expression of this coupleM

Cheryl W said...

That image is so funny. I always think he's yelling "happy birthday" at her because she's a little hard of hearing. ha ha. Great card!

Virginia L. said...

Your card makes me smile! The inking and use of images are fabulous!And of course, the little dots on the cake is just too fun! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

Karen Amidon said...

Wonderful! Beautiful coloring, great layout and love those balloons!

Les idées de Magouille said...

Oh wow! Georgeous!

Manuela said...

wonderful card, and the birthday couple looks so funny! :-))

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is a winner in my book! Great coloring; and I love the image and fabulous stenciled panel.

Anonymous said...

I love the balloons and cake sprinkles! Such a cute card!

Lindsay said...

Great job, love the image!

Sheryl said...

Great coloring job, love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...