Sunday, November 30, 2014

DOODLE PANTRY AND PILE IT ON

Hello my Doodle Pantry friends! Doodle Pantry is sponsoring the challenge at Pile it on where the theme is "Sprinkle it" (use something you sprinkle onto it like glitter,flock,flower soft, microbeads,etc)! I’m sure you will want to go over and play in the challenge, but first I have a little inspiration for you.


 
(A2; Digital stamp set: Doodle Pantry (Snow Globe Gala, Charlie Reindeer, Charlie Snowhorse);  Cut file: Poinsettia from Silhouette Studio); Dies: Spellbinders (Circles); Flower Soft (Polar White); Silver Glitter)

When I saw this snow globe, I immediately knew I had to make a Shaker Card! After merging images and the sentiment from the files shown above, I resized them all to fit the snow globe. I printed and then used Spellbinders to cut out the image, the opening for the snow globe, the frame around the globe, and 4 additional “frames” cut from corrugated cardboard to make space for the “snow”. I also used the SB circle to cut the acetate for the globe.

I sprinkled a small amount of Flower Soft and silver glitter inside the globe opening and attached the picture behind it. I love how the silver glitter sticks to the acetate giving this a frosty feel, even when the snow is at the bottom. You can see the Flower Soft in the second picture. Once the actual shaker part was done, I added the white frame, the fussy cut globe bottom and the little top.

The poinsettia was cut from card stock and vellum on my Cameo and just glued on.
Now it is  your turn! Get over to Pile it on and show us what you create!  

I hope you enjoyed my card!Thanks so much for stopping by to see what is going on at the Doodle Pantry. After leaving a comment here for me, please check out all of the awesome inspiration from our wonderfully creative Design Team!

Happy Crafting!
NewSignature
DoodlePantryBirdieThanksBadge










5 comments:

Marsha said...

Very cute card. Love your little scene and pretty poinsettia on the front of the snow globe. Even though it is an elegant snow globe, you kept it whimsical with the scene and paper. Love it. I am hoping to make a shaker card with this set too. Thanks for the inspiration.

Joanna M. said...

Ack! What a delicious shaker card! LOVE the flower soft/glitter combo and that darling image. Too cute!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh goodness Ellen, this is amazing! Love the shaker/snowglobe. Couldn't be more perfect! Also, love how you used a couple different sets combined for the inside. Great job girl!
Hugs, Sarah T

Unknown said...

OMG Ellen, this card is AMAZING looking. I love that you took photos after the snowfall too...lol. Wow...a lot of work went into this card and it shows!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I'm with Susan....Amazing looking!!!! OK...casing file it goes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...