Saturday, March 7, 2015

LIM214: COLOR CHALLENGE

Hello crafty friends. I’m so happy you stopped by today for my Less is More card for this week. 


(A2: Stamps: Simon Says Stamps (Friend Circles); Die: Simon Says Stamps (Circle on a Line), Memory Box

The color challenge this week is yellow and green. I have been wanting to play with making a bokeh background, so I used green and yellow alcohol ink on water color paper. First, I saturated the paper with the clear alcohol mixer, then I added the yellow and green randomly. After this was completely dry I used the eraser end of a pencil and a dauber and added white ink randomly over the green and yellow. To give it a bit more depth, once the white was dry, I added just a touch of green and yellow with the dauber.

For the flowers, I used a MB die and cut them in both green and yellow. I cut the yellow flowers and bud, and shaded them with a darker yellow to give depth. Then I glued them on the green and added them to the bokeh strip with foam tape and glue.

I added the die cut border, cut the circle and stamped the sentiment is Pistachio and attached with foam tape. I hope you like my card!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Here is a link to the challenge so you can join in the fun!

LIMforblinkie

Week 214 Colour Challenge

Happy Crafting!!!

NewSignature_thumb[1]_thumb

9 comments:

Ann said...

You have created the bokeh background perfectly - it looks fab for the challenge, and those poppies are just the thing to set off your bokeh! Love this card!

Kathyk said...

Mmm I'm loving this one

Kathyk

ilse said...

love you card

Chrissie said...

Oh my goodness Ellen, this is just amazing. That bokeh backdrop is tremendous! The mix of colours is stunning!
What a simply fabulous card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Laurie Unger said...

Nice! this really stood out in the LIM gallery and I had to come take a peek! TFS

Anne said...

What a gorgeous bokeh background and your poppies have fab shading, love this!
Thanks so much for your Less is More entry
Anne
Less is More

Unknown said...

This is such a great card. the greens and yellows you have used make a really striking composition
Cheers, Dianne

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super duper bokeh! Love that with the striking floral dies against it.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Linda said...

I love this, the colours are fab and the bokeh background looks amazing! xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...