Sunday, March 31, 2013

MORE BIRTHDAY CARDS FOR SOLDIERS

Happy Easter sweet friends!  We have a rainy Easter and all I can think of is a nap!!!

I did have some nice crafting time yesterday and want to share these two birthday cards that will go to deployed soldiers.

I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch for this card.  Instead of the scallops along the horizontal panel, I decided to use stars.

I cased a card on Pinterest for this one. I changed the paper and sentiment and added the star.

Before I tell you goodbye for now, I want to ask a huge favor. I started a petition to bring our ONLY POW home. His name is Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl. The petition is located here and if you missed my post about him you can read it here.

CHALLENGE LINKS

Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope you liked my card.

Supplies:

First Card:

 
Second Card:
2012signature_joy_thumb_thumb_thumb_[2]

5 comments:

Rita W said...

Oh I love all the stars! They look lovely paired with the twine and papers. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

OMGosh....two great great cards....I'm leaning on CASING your first one and following the super sketch. Love your chosen colors. I read your article and will head to link to check out the petition.

PapierGirl said...

Wonderful cards and a great cause! I signed the petition and put in on my FB page and Twitter! Here's hoping we bring this soldier home! :)

Linda Suarez said...

I love the stars instead of scallops - great take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Pia S said...

Such great male cards, Ellen! The one with the stars has a beautiful, clean design and pretty colors, and the one with paper strips is so cheerful and cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...